About the artist

My entire life I have had two great passions: Video Games and Art. My goal is to meld both of these passions into a career. I use Maya, Mudbox, Photoshop, Gimp and Crazybump. I learn best from experience and getting feedback/constructive criticism from my peers. That's why I am able to use these tools and make these works of art without any formal training. When I was a teenager I discovered the Warhammer 40,000 tabletop game and I was hooked. I liked reading about the fictional races and strategies, but most of all I loved painting the miniatures. It helped me learn a great deal about color theory, highlighting, shading and sculpting. While I no longer have time to paint miniatures, I feel that it helps me today with my 3d modeling and painting. I have a great eye for proportion and detail. I am happiest when I am close to my art, working on intricate details, blasting heavy metal music through my head-phones. I also thoroughly enjoy playing guitar, volleyball with my brother, video games with my friends, watching movies with my wife, and playing disc golf with my father.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Ammo Crate - UT40k (Unreal Engine 3)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The last model in my one-per-day decoration series. Because it was much more complex than the other 3 I almost had to do this over 2 days, but I stayed up late and got it done.

The low and high poly models were created in Maya. Textures were painted in Photoshop. Fine normal details were added with CrazyBump. It has 408 triangles and uses a 1024x1024 material composed of Diffuse, Normal, and Specular maps.

Based on Games Workshop's plastic model.

No comments:

Post a Comment